And Alan Altmark has made it clear in recent conversations that we can expect to see more use of OpenEdition services and APIs in the future.

Richard Troth wrote:
One exciting development recently is improved portability from USS to
CMS OE.  What that means is you can compile something on USS and
expect it to run on OpenVM.  There are limits:  If the resulting
executable calls some z/OS service, then expect it to ABEND and take
down your whole OE environment with it.  Not happiness.  But if it is
"normal stuff", it works.

This is evidently thanks to new LE feechers: the binder and the cradle
and things which details are beyond me.  But it's cool!  So some of
the USS tools and toys MIGHT run on OpenVM directly.  I tried bringing
over 'ssh', and it was fine until it tried to generate entropy.  (So
the usage message worked, but it was useless for actually connecting.)

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 10:28 AM, Gentry, Stephen