ESALPS provides the data for accounting for the Linux process level, linux application level, linux user level, and of course at the virtual machine level. How to do this I thought was on our website, will put it there today. It involves a very simple process usually as part of the night time operations, extracts the data from the performance database, which contains the information you need for accounting. No problem even using the z/VM accounting codes.

    On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 8:15 AM, =?iso-8859-1?Q?Greg_Dyrda?=
    <gregory.l.dy...@us.hsbc.com <mailto:gregory.l.dy...@us.hsbc.com>>
    wrote:

        We currently bill for Linux on a per guest basis.  I'm wondering
        what
        approach others are taking.  Specifically, I'm wondering if it
        is possible
        to bill at the process level and if anyone else is billing that way.