From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of Raymond Noal
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2009 4:21 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Problem using the PEEK Command

Dear Listers,

I've encountered a strange situation using the PEEK command issued from the CMS
Ready prompt. The same thing happens if I select a reader for to peek from
within a RDRLIST display.

I'll type in PEEK xx - where xx is some reader spool file number for this user.

The result is as expected - I'm viewing the contents of the reader file.

Now, if I depress any key that causes an AID interrupt (PFx, ENTER)  - the
virtual machine is disconnected.

When I check on the OPERATOR's virtual machine spooled console log it says that
the user was disconnected and 'FORCED BY SYSTEM'.  What??

Now for more strangeness - if I perform the same operations on the MAINT
virtual machine, everything works fine.

If I do a FILELIST PEEK* * * from MAINT and OPERATOR, the list is the same and
the files have the same date/time stamp. So, there is no user REXX EXEC that
could be involved.

The PEEK EXEC on the 190 S-Disk is compiled REXX (don't get me started again
about compiled REXX)

The date on the PEEK EXEC is 6/27/08 - time 10:02.12.

Is anyone else having the same problem?

Looks like PMR time.

Oh, almost forgot. While I can't recall this ever being a problem before, I
recently applied RSU 0901 with no problems. H-m-m-m-m-m- ???

And before you ask - it's not April 1st, today is April 2nd.  May haps Chuckie
is afoot!!  C-H-U-C-K-I-E  -- where arst thou?

HITACHI
 DATA SYSTEMS

Raymond E. Noal
Senior Technical Engineer