On Saturday, 04/04/2009 at 11:01 EDT, "Gary M. Dennis"
<gary.den...@mantissa.com> wrote:
> Based on the response the assumption *seems* to be that data spaces are
> being considered for the shared data.  That is not the case.
>
> I interpret the diag x'248' to mean that the source ALET can  (also) be
that
> of the host primary address space containing the data  (<=a(31 bit)).

Yes, an XC virtual machine can use ADRSPACE PERMIT to give other virtual
machines access to its base address space.

Then "all" you have to do is convey the ASIT of the base address space to
the other virtual machines (CP QUERY SPACES + IUCV).  They then use ALSERV
ADD to place the address space in their respective host access lists.  If
they are XC mode, they will use Access Register mode addressing to
directly read from the address space.  If they are XA or ESA mode, they
use Diag 0x248 to copy the data to their own memory and then process it
from there.