Slightly off topic.....three things happened in April 1964 to make it a rather remarkable month, imho:

1) IBM introduced the System/360, as Jim has reminded us.
2) Ford introduced the Ford Mustang (April 17)
and
3) Stanley Kubrick had lunch with Arthur C. Clarke at Tavern on the Green in NYC to discuss the possibility of making the "definitive science fiction movie".....the result was "2001: A Space Odyssey".

And all three of these events still have relevance 45 years later.

Jim Elliott wrote:
Today, April 7th is the 45 anniversary of the announcement of
System 360. In celebration, I have updated my History of the
Mainframe presentation and posted it on my web site on the
events page.

http://ibm.com/vm/devpages/jelliott

Jim

--