Thanks.

The following is from some tests we conducted to compare *SIGNAL to straight
IUCV. 2097 Dallas Development, second level VM, under CMS.

100,000 signal / acknowledgement transmissions. The straight IUCV test sent
only 8 bytes to try and put it on equal footing with *SIGNAL.

4 *SIGNAL tests - ran 5 seconds each over a 2 minute period.

4  IUCV  tests - ran 5, 7, 7, 6, 7 seconds over a 2 minute period.

The IUCV tests seemed insensitive to transmission size.  Whether we sent 8
bytes or 32,000, the 5 to 7 second window held.

Gary Dennis
Mantissa Corporation