Yes, that volser and its TOTAL PAGES column should show up.  Here's an
example from a z/VM 5.4 system running 3 z/OS guests and a handful of
mostly idle Linux for System z P.O.C. servers.

q alloc page
                EXTENT     EXTENT  TOTAL  PAGES   HIGH    %
VOLID  RDEV      START        END  PAGES IN USE   PAGE USED
------ ---- ---------- ---------- ------ ------ ------ ----
VSPG01 6A03          1      10016  1761K 340218 847434  18%
VSPG02 6A13          1      10016  1761K 338014 879120  18%
                                  ------ ------        ----
SUMMARY                            3521K 678232         18%
USABLE                             3521K 678232         18%

Can you paste the results from your own CP Q ALLOC PAGE command?
And perhaps from CP QUERY CPOWNED?  That same system shows:
cp q cpowned
Slot  Vol-ID  Rdev  Type   Status
   1  VSS540  6A60  Own    Online and attached
   2  ------  ----  -----  Reserved
   3  ------  ----  -----  Reserved
   4  ------  ----  -----  Reserved
   5  ------  ----  -----  Reserved
   6  ------  ----  -----  Reserved
   7  ------  ----  -----  Reserved
   8  ------  ----  -----  Reserved
   9  ------  ----  -----  Reserved
  10  ------  ----  -----  Reserved
  11  VSR540  6A50  Own    Online and attached
  12  VSPG01  6A03  Own    Online and attached
  13  VSPG02  6A13  Own    Online and attached
  14  ------  ----  -----  Reserved

If your reply doesn't show proof of what's wrong, then run CPFMTXA on that
volume again asking to ALLOC, but only to display it.  You don't really
need to change anything if it was done perfectly.

Mike Walter
Hewitt Associates

"Robert Payne" <rpa...@tad.org>

Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
04/21/2009 02:50 PM
Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: adding more PAGE volumes

OK, but Q ALLOC PAGE doesn't change and I would guess that
is because we are NOT really paging yet. But then again, I
would think the "ALLOC" part of that command means it shows
everything that is allocated and eligible for paging ??????

 .......... snip .............
And then: CP START DASD rdev ALL
          or: CP START VOLid volser ALL

Mike Walter
Hewitt Associates

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents may
contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender
by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments. Any
dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents of this message by
anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. All messages
sent to and from this e-mail address may be monitored as permitted by
applicable law and regulations to ensure compliance with our internal policies
and to protect our business. E-mails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to
be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or
contain viruses. You are deemed to have accepted these risks if you communicate
with us by e-mail.