Thanks, Neale and Rich!
The implications of the multi-line display eluded me.  Yet another reason
to not like Mondays!  ;-)

Mike Walter
Hewitt Associates

"Rich Smrcina" <rsmrc...@wi.rr.com>

Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
04/27/2009 11:03 AM
Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: GGEOOL?

Mike Walter wrote:
> Google's home page is celebrating Samuel Morse's birthday today, by
> attempting to spell out GOOGLE in Morse code.
> At this time, the Google home page displays:
>
> --.  --.  .  --- --- .-..
>
> Unless I'm just so inept today that I can't translate simple Morse Code,

> that spells: GGEOOL
>
> Am I missing some joke?  Is that some short-hand Morse code?  Or has
> someone hacked into Google.com?  :-)
>
> Mike Walter
> Hewitt Associates

The page looks right to me...

The 'letters' are displayed up and down offset from each other, but
they're not transposed.  Perhaps they noticed the error and corrected it.

--
Rich Smrcina
Phone: 414-491-6001

Catch the WAVV! http://www.wavv.org
WAVV 2009 - Orlando, FL - May 15-19, 2009

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents may
contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender
by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments. Any
dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents of this message by
anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. All messages
sent to and from this e-mail address may be monitored as permitted by
applicable law and regulations to ensure compliance with our internal policies
and to protect our business. E-mails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to
be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or
contain viruses. You are deemed to have accepted these risks if you communicate
with us by e-mail.