From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Jim Bohnsack
Sent: Sunday, May 24, 2009 9:44 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: IBM 1401: was Re: z/VM 5.4 VSAM question - PJBR

COS--that's the name I was trying to think of.  I think that there was
the ability to run COS under DOS also.  I think I remember using some
kind of DOS JCL card that set UPSI (user program switch indicators),
that, I think, emulated a set of 7 or so toggle switches on the 1401.
DOS/COS kind of triggers a memory.

Jim

--
Jim Bohnsack