I've installed VM 5.4.  I am trying to install DFSMS.  I want to install
the whole product DFSMSVM.  If I do this, I have to create a PPF
override, which deletes the BASE5 file (LE).

My first attempt was to name my override file the same as the PPF file
shipped by IBM.  That name would be VSM221B .  My override file would
reside on my A disk, IBM's file will reside on MAINT's  51D disk.   I
issue the VMFPPF command and it goes down in flames.  Obviously, I am
not supposed to use the same name that IBM uses.  So, I rename my $PPF
file to SRG221B $PPF, run VMFPPF again, and it completes with a return
code of 0 (zero).  I now have a SRG221B  PPF file on my A disk.  The
changes are in it, i.e. BASE5 has been deleted, but the number of
records fall way short of the IBM VSM221B  PPF, 195 vs. 591.  What am I
supposed to do with this SRG221B  PPF file I created?  Do I use it
during the VMFINS INSTALL process instead of IBM's default?  Does VMFINS
or something auto-magically munge the two files together?  Do I "trust
the force"  that everything will work ok?

I thought that the VMFPPF would update IBM's  VSM221B, but it doesn't.
Reading the VMSES/E Intro and Ref. manual doesn't shed much light on
what to do.

Then I found out about the Make Override Panel(s), thinking that I could
make my changes with it.  However, I can't figure out how to start up
the panels.

TIA

Steve