I tried it on my second LPAR which does NOT have VMSECURE and I get the same
results.  Looks like it is CP related. We are running RSU 901.

Hans

From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Hans Rempel
Sent: June 8, 2009 5:08 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: CP FASHCOPY command fails to work on z/VM 5.4

I upgraded to z/VM 5.4 with new release of VMSECURE 8.2 (not sure if
VMSECURE makes any difference). We are using Version 1 (ugh) on F20 shark.

Tried to run the FLASHCOPY command and received reply command complete but
accessing new volume I noticed the label has not even changed. No command
started message.

Open a PMR with IBM.

Just for kicks I tried it on my second level z/VM 5.2 system and received
both messages.

Command started:

Command completed:

And the flash actually worked.

Anyone else encountered something this strange?

Hans