Mary,
   Below is the PROFILE TCPIP that I have specified for my 2nd level vm
DEVICE d...@f904  OSD F904   NONROUTER
LINK OSAF904 QDIOETHERNET d...@f904   MTU 1400 IP
; (End DEVICE and LINK statements)
; ---------------------------------------------------------------------
; ---------------------------------------------------------------------
HOME
10.176.129.18 255.255.255.192 OSAF904
; (End HOME Address information)
; ---------------------------------------------------------------------
GATEWAY
|...+....1....+....2....+....3....+....4....+....5....+....6....+....7.
; Network       Subnet          First           Link             MTU
; Address       Mask            Hop             Name             Size
; ------------- --------------- --------------- ---------------- -----
DEFAULTNET                      10.176.129.1    OSAF904          1400
; (End GATEWAY Static Routing information)
    My f1st level uses address range F900-F902 and a different HOME
address. The 2nd level uses F904-F906
 My 2nd level SYSTEM DTCPARMS are as follows :
:nick.TCPIP    :type.server
               :class.stack
               :attach.F904-F906
     I used an used OSA range and obtained an IP from my network people.
             Bob