Hi, I did an oops. So to speak. I am running a z/VM 5R4.0 (service level
0801) system and downloaded the latest RSU and COR for it. In the fine
tradition of measuring once and cutting twice, I put the COR on first
which has some prerequisites that I believe are in the RSU. Oops. I ran
the following:
-SERVICE ALL COR_DOCS (against the COR documentation envelope)
-VMFUPDAT SYSMEMO
-SERVICE ALL COR_FILE (against the COR envelope)

It moved a bunch of stuff around and ultimately gave me:
ST:VMFAPP2102I 19 of 19 PTFs processed
ST:VMFAPP2105I VMFAPPLY processing completed unsuccessfully.
ST:            The Apply list HCPVM contains 26 PTFs.
ST:            7 PTFs were already applied.
ST:            9 PTFs passed validation.
ST:            0 PTFs were included and passed validation.
ST:            0 PTFs were excluded or require excluded PTFs.
ST:            10 PTFs failed
WN:VMFAPP2103W The Software Inventory has not been updated
...among other things.

So I've hung myself on a SERVICE RESTART such that it wants me to fix
that which I have hosed up by getting ahead of myself before moving on.
Which I suppose I could do, but the RSU is really big and I guess I
would have to be pulling pieces or go re-order the ones I need etc. It
would be really nice at this point to just dump what I did and start
over with the RSU. Or force through what was good on the COR, then apply
the RSU, then reapply the COR. I _do_ have a full system backup, but it
would sure be nice to not have to roll back any user's disks and then
have to monkey them back around. I suppose I could restore it and clip
it and then just grab MAINT's minidisks instead.

Suggestions? Any gun/foot warnings I should be thinking about?

Thanks.