From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of August Carideo
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 1:03 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: [IBMVM] Testing Linux Z/vm

We are preparing for a test and loading the database is taking forever.
Paging is high. I/O devices are less than 5% busy. CPU is never more than
20%. An Oracle file import is taking over 14 hours. Any Idea's with this
little bit of info to go on

Also  is there a reason for the TCPIP machine to be set at 128M?  the real
machine is 2 IFLs and 16G of storage.  We see the paging coming from the
oracle machine( 2CPUs VM size =24G), Maint and TCPIP. Maint was set at 128M
and IPLing a non shared copy of CMS. We set Maint to 16M and IPL a shared
copy of CMS. His paging has stopped. I would like to set TCPIP at something
less that 128M either 16M or 32M to stop his paging. Does this sound right
?

Augie