> >Hello Les,
> >
> >I was looking through the handover from Dick. I have tried the EOT=N
> but no
> >luck either.
> >
> >The parms now look like:
> >PARM P002NT EXIT=LPRXPSE EPARM='EH=N EOT=N C=LPRP' HOST=161.9=0.24.70
> #
> >            PORT=9100 PRINT=P002NT SECURE=NO TI
> >
> >     #
> >            HOSTN=europe.nl.intra.NLPS014.NLEFFP2BBR TCPID=BITCPOS1

Suggestions:

1) remove the PORT=9100. Port 9100 is the HP socket printing protocol, not
LPR/LPD. The two are not interoperable, and RSCS doesn't know squat about the
HP protocol (it'd sure be nice if RSCS got IPP support -- hint, hint)

2) remove the hostn or host parm. pick one or the other. if you pick hostn,
make sure that RSCSDNS is running; also that's the weirdest domain name that
I've ever seen for a DNS name -- are you sure it's correct? hostn must point to
a resolvable DNS name.

3) If you're printing directly to the printer, use the printer queue "raw" --
the built in LPD in the JetDirect cards and built in print servers treat the
printer name "raw" as special -- pass this through w/o doing anything special.
Use "text" for plaintext output, but everything passing through RSCS will be
turned into PostScript, so you always want "raw" unless you're talking to some
print server in front of the printer.

4) Printer names are case sensitive (foo and FOO are not the same). You must
match case when specifying a printer name. If you use "raw" or "text", they
must be in all lower case. Most embedded LPDs expect lower case, and the
uppercase won't work at all.

4) Seriously think about using a Linux guest to front end the printers. CUPS
gives you enormously more control over the printers than RSCS does, and any
printer you buy will be tested with it, because that's what the Mac support is
-- Apple owns CUPS now.