Has anyone tried a non-IBM maintenance provider for one of the IBM DSxxxx disk
subsystems?  Are there companies that do this?

Our 4 year warranty is up on our IBM DS6800.  We are required to go out on
bids, if it makes sense.  It only makes sense, to spend the XX hours for the
bid process, if there are competitors.

Currently, we have 24X7 with the service uplift.  i.e. When the DS6800 calls
home, an IBM CE is dispatched.  <G>
Where the call-home feature can send a request to anyone, we are also concerned
that another provider would have a remote support process available.  We have
had several problems in which the remote support team, got us back up and
running.

Thanks

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting