When I was new in IBM, late 60's, I would get a sales manual update every week or so.  A lot of the updates were instructions to "discard this page".  It wasn't long before I realized I was throwing away history.  I started keeping a "discard" sales manual which I still have.  It does not have everything, but I tried to keep mainframe computers, peripheral equipment and related S/W.  If anyone has anything specific they would like to see, let me know offline.

No, I won't give it away.  I sent about a 6" high stack of Blue Letters (IBM Product Announcements) to the Computer History Museum (or whatever it's called) last summer.  The only Blue Letter I sort of regret giving away was the original IBM PC announcement.

Jim

David Boyes wrote:
Does anyone know of a document that provides a xref between numeric IBM
machine types, and an english description of what than machine is?

Sales Manual app on IBMlink. It used to be more complete, but IBM took out =
a lot of the older stuff (boo hiss!) not too long ago.=20

(seriously, guys, does disk space cost that much that it's worth destroying=
 a valuable computer history archive to save a few bytes? Pleah.)

--
Jim Bohnsack
Cornell University