Does the z/VM Monitor data provide the timestamp of the underlying IODF in any
of its records?   Can someone explain what is meant by IODF?

IODF is the way that z/OS defines I/O configurations. It's possible to force VM
to use the same method, but it disables the dynamic discovery functions in CP.

I don't know if the monitor data includes it. I rarely see it used, although
those of the HCD religion may feel otherwise.
You can find more discussion of IODF and how to brain damage VM to use it is in
the discussion of SYSTEM CONFIG in CP Planning and Config and the HCD users
guide.