On 8/19/09 18:34 Patrick Spinler said:
Chip Davis wrote:
Surely someone has already done this for the Korn shell.  Is there such
an analysis for bash?

Or do I need to do it myself?

I don't know, but it could be fun to do.

If you want, choose a not too complex task, and write up a REXX exec for
it.  I'd gladly code up an equivalent bash script.

Actually, I've been doing it the other way around: I bought a copy of Dave Taylor's _Wicked_Cool_Shell_Scripts_. I'm steadily re-writing his scripts in Rexx. My biggest problem so far is to resist the temptation to improve them in ways that ksh/bash cannot match... ;-)

-Chip-