look at the ESAXACT screen/report and make sure tcpip is not waiting for anything. If very storage constrained, could see that.
Look at ESATCP1/2/4 for errors that show up in the network.

Schuh, Richard wrote:
We notice fairly frequent occurrences of a momentary hang condition. We see the x-clock in the lower left corner of the terminal emulator screen. These can last any where from a couple to 30 or more seconds. I have been unsuccessful tying this to any messages in the TCPIP console log. How do I find out what is happening, whether it is a TCP/IP problem or one elsewhere in the network?
    * Surely there are numbers in the monitor data that will help, but
      which ones? I am at a loss.
    * Are there any traces that I should run? Seems doubtful - how do
you trace a non-event? Regards,
Richard Schuh