Yes. We implemented a complete NJE stack that provides the same function as
RSCS  (in fact, can replace RSCS with the exception of 3278 printers). Contact
me offlist.

--d b

From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of Florian Bilek
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2009 6:50 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Questions on RSCS and LINUX users

Dear all,

I wonder if there is a way that would allow to address a specific LINUX userid
on an LINUX guest under z/VM by RSCS.

To my understanding it is possible to address a system and a user from external
system (such as z/OS) that would result in a z/VM system id and a VM user/guest
running on that z/VM running LINUX.

With the VMUR interface I can retrieve the file from the reader of that
specific VM guest. Given the file would be in netdata format would it be
possible to extract from the netdata header an attibute that could be used to
identify and select certain home directory of an user of that LINUX instance?

--
Best regards

Florian