Thanks John and Richard... I see that now (gotta look in the right place!)...

Now we're off to create several of those 64GB LUNs as DUMP type EDEVs... Then a big honkin EFBA CMS disk to read the dump in... And not have to worry about losing a console log etc. in case the EDEV hickups... (The EDEV in our particular environment is a "less than fully supported environment".)
Thanks again,
Lee

John Franciscovich wrote:
If I set up a BIG EDEV for the dump, I'd like to keep spool files off
the EDEV, so I don't loose things like console logs in case there's a
LUN connectivity issue.   In the olden days there was an allocation type
 of DUMP,  but I don't see that any more...

Am I missing the DUMP option, or??

Lee,

There is not an allocation type for DUMP, but there is a DUMP operand
on the CP_OWNED statement in the system configuration file.
This tells CP to reserve all of the SPOL space on that volume for dumps.

John Franciscovich

Lee Stewart, Senior SE
Sirius Computer Solutions
Phone: (303) 996-7122