From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Poirier, James
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2009 10:30 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: 3494 Tape Library System Question

   We are currently looking into getting a 3494 Tape Libray System and
would
like to be able to share it
      between z/OS and z/VM.

   Currently running CA-1 on z/OS and DYNAM/T VM with separate tape
catalogs
    kept in sync with cross-system communications sharing 3490E & 3590
tape
pools.

  Can we share common tape ranges in the 3494 TLS  between these 2
systems ?
  If so how would this be accomplished?

   Thanks in advance,

  Jim P.