From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Thomas Kern
Sent: Monday, November 02, 2009 2:04 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: SYSTEM NETID update

I update the SYSTEM NETID file on the 0190, the 0490 and any other
S-Disks
that I have to have available. You need to save the 'CMS' namesys
segment
for each S-disk you modify. If you just have the 0190 & 0490, then just
resave CMS.

/Tom Kern

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 13:09:06 -0600, Frank M. Ramaekers
<framaek...@ailife.com> wrote:

>Okay, I'm having a hard time finding out the proper way to update this
>(contained on the 190 S-disk).   I updated it once and then RSU'ed to
>0902 and lost it somewhere in the process.
>
>I found one service manual that stated that the information to update
>the SYSTEM NETID was moved to the "zVM: Guide to Automated Installation
>and Service".  Well, this manual is next to impossible to find.  In can
>find it in the Library link on the VM home page.   I did manage to get
>hard copy of it awhile back (don't remember where I found it), but
can't
>seem to find the SYSTEM NETID.  (It's not in the table of contents nor
>the index.)
>
>I could just update the one on the 190 disk, but then, I'm afraid, it
>will revert the next time I do maintenance.
>
>TIA,
>
>Frank M. Ramaekers Jr.
>Systems Programmer                   MCP, MCP+I, MCSE & RHCE
>American Income Life Insurance Co.   Phone: (254)761-6649
>1200 Wooded Acres Dr.                Fax:   (254)741-5777
>Waco, Texas  76710

This message contains information which is privileged and confidential and is
solely for the use of the
intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any
review, disclosure,
copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly
prohibited. If you have
received this in error, please destroy it immediately and notify us at
privacy...@ailife.com.