Just to clarify, DEFINE STORAGE is where the virtual (guest) side is
handled.  Use of the STANDBY and RESERVED options on DEFINE STORAGE shoul
allow a z/OS guest to exploit dynamic storage reconfiguration.

SET STORAGE is for CP exploitation for dynamic memory upgrade (to increas
CP's real storage dynamically - we only allow adding, not removing, stora
ge
dynamically).

Also, these enhancements are available only in z/VM 5.4.0 and above.

- Bill Holder, z/VM Development, IBM Endicott

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 09:30:41 -0500, Alan Altmark <alan_altm...@us.ibm.com