Issued: Error! Unknown document property name.          iii

Hi Listers,

Is there a way of filtering Linux messages using PROP such that only those with
given Linux syslog levels are displayed on the z/VM console?

The "Getting Started with Linux on System z" manual shows how to filter by
keywords appearing in the messages, which is what we currently do.  However,
this is a crude way of filtering these messages and results in many false
alarms on our z/VM consoles. If Linux has already classified its message into
syslog levels, can we use that to filter them?

The syslog levels I am referring to are...

0 Emergency: system is unusable
1 Alert: action must be taken immediately
2 Critical: critical conditions
3 Error: error conditions
4 Warning: warning conditions
5 Notice: normal but significant condition
6 Informational: informational messages
7 Debug: debug-level messages

Regards,
Fred Schmidt