From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of O'Brien, Dennis L
Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2009 9:17 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: FCP Redbooks

Our storage architect asked me about using FCP channels for Linux on z/VM.  Are
there any good Redbooks or other documentation that's recent?  He couldn't find
anything that mentioned z10.  He's particularly interested in limits
(guests/LUN's/device addresses per channel, etc).  CP Planning and
Administration discusses configuration, but doesn't mention limits.  I did find
a discussion of limits in the Introducing N_Port Identifier Virtualization for
IBM System z9 Redbook paper.  That paper is from 2006.  Has anything changed
since then?  I also found Steve Wilkins' presentation Using z/VM in a SCSI
Environment.  It has some good recommendations.

                                           Dennis

What's the difference between an Escalade and a golf ball?  Tiger Woods can
drive a golf ball 400 yards.