Martin,

At the bank I had worked for before being laid off, we used
a DR Sysconfig and Dr Directory.  We did
not have use of the whole box. Our z/VM ran under the DR centers z/VM (second
level, performance was acceptable) our z/OS and z/VSE run in separate LPARS.

Only thing you always have to remember is to keep the DR
files at you home site in sync with the configuration at the DR site up to date
so you won’t have to scramble around and DR time.  Also, ask the DR people to
advise you well in
advance as to what hardware changes they have mae3 relative to your DR account.

Of course this should all take place during you pre test
conversations with the DR people.

Also, why don’t you make things simple and use DDR to back
up all the Linux DASD.  I haven’t gotten
my hands on a z/VM system since September but isn’t DFDSS on available on
z/OS?  With DDR you can IPL DDR off and
IPL’able tape and you are flying…DFDSS don’t you need z/OS??

Best of luck with your test.

--- On Mon, 2/1/10, Martin, Terry R. (CMS/CTR) (CTR) <terry.mar...@cms.hhs.gov>