Ahhh... it all becomes a little bit clearer now.

Issued from a REXX-language exec:
        address command 'CP SMSG OPERATOR Please ignore this mixed case
message.'
Note that we are running CA's VM:Operator on the userid OPERATOR.
VM:Operator is set here to accept the CP SMSG data.

VM:Operator displays that message as:
        Please ignore this mixed case message.

So, we have proof that CP is not uppercasing all SMSG command text issued
within quotes.  (Different results will be observed when entering the
command outside of quotes in rexx, and without the 'address command'
environment, and from the CMS command line.)

But you are sending the CP SMSG data to ESATCP, a different application
program.  Apparently, ESATCP is upper-casing the message text.

Look in ESATCP for additional clues.  FWIW, the good folks at Velocity
Software monitor the list pretty closely, but you probably should contact
them directly for product assistance.

Mike Walter
Hewitt Associates
The opinions expressed herein are mine alone, not my employer's.

"Aisik Chang" <a829...@gmail.com>

Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
02/03/2010 09:14 AM
Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: mixed text in CP SMSG

It still does not come out with the mixed case:
10:11:42

     8 *-* address command 'CP SMSG ESATCP ALERT zVM-SEV3:'
cpline
       >>>   "CP SMSG ESATCP ALERT zVM-SEV3:
Testing"
    10 *-*
exit
Ready; T=0.01/0.01
10:11:42
ESATCP  : 10:11:42 MAINT   (3779) has issued command: ALERT ZVM-SEV3:
TESTING

I used disg 8, but the same result.  What's missing here  ?

Thanks,

Ann