That lpar is running zOS 1.10.

Mark Jacobs

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System on behalf of David Boyes
Sent: Wed 2/3/2010 4:23 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: hipersockets on a VM layer 2 vswitch

You need a very modern z/OS for layer 2 connections to work. You don't say what
level of z.OS, but I think it has to be minimum 1.10 if not 1.11.

On 2/3/10 2:54 PM, "russell.gendr...@custserv.com"
<russell.gendr...@custserv.com> wrote:

Greetings,

We currently have multiple Linux guest running on z/VM on both a layer 3 tcp/ip
vswitch as well as a layer 2 vswitch.
On one particular z/VM we have a hipersocket link to a z/OS system for using
the TSMTCS backup application.
Currently only the layer 3 guests use the hipersockets. We tried to define the
hipersocket link on the z/OS system
To a layer 2 Linux guest but there is no connection for some reason.
Has anyone else tried this and if so were you successful?

Thanks
Russell Gendreau
Time Customer Service, Inc.
813-554-2064