We'd like to be able to switch between two sets of ipl-volumes (respack
+ spool + paging, I'd guess) to be able to switch between releases of
the operating system.  Of course, we'd hopefully only go "one-way", but
we'd want the ability to swap back.  I was thinking we could set up the
system config on each respack's CF1 disk to kind of exclude the other
respack's volumes, and then we were thinking of using the system config
on CF2 as a stripped-down "second level" version, but it occurs to me
(not quite understanding VM maintenance all that much) that a put2prod
command might copy that stripped down system config over and screw us
again.  I'd love to be able to use SYSTEM CONFIG if it's getting started
from a regular HMC IPL, and maybe something like SYSTEM CONFIG2 if it's
second-level.  Keeping the main SYSTEM CONFIG in synch between the
primary and alternate packs will be fun enough without us having to wipe
them out each time we test.  Is there any way for us to do that-perhaps
a VM trick that we missed because we read the wrong manual?  Or is this
just a really bad idea-one only a z/OS sysprog would try?

Thanks!

Shannon Collinson

Systems Programmer, Mainframe Operating Systems

SunTrust Banks, Inc.

Mail Code GA-ATL-4030

250 Piedmont Ave. NE, Suite 1600

Atlanta, GA 30308

Tel: 404.827.6070  Mobile: 404.642.1280

Fax: 404.581.1688

shannon.collin...@suntrust.com <mailto:shannon.collin...@suntrust.com>

Live Solid. Bank Solid.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please

SunTrust is a federally registered service mark of SunTrust Banks, Inc. Live
Solid. Bank Solid. is a service mark of SunTrust Banks, Inc.
[ST:XCL]