Don't forget to add it to the SYSTEM CONFIG too, else it will be gone after
an IPL.  And, if the new CPOWNED device is for spooling, spool files would
get lost after an IPL.
Therefore, for spooling, FORMAT&ALLOCATE, add it to SYSTEM CONFIG, then
DEFINE CPOWNED and ATTACH to system.

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support