From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Kris Buelens
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 7:25 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Interrupting a looping exec on OSA ICC

Sorry, not related to HOLD at LOGOFF for example (to CP it appears as a real
3270, hence no HOLD operand).

It is pure 3270 behaviour, not even really related to VM: how can one break
in when in "input inhibited"

I am in fullscreen XEDIT, hence the linemode command input area is not
available.  Cannot use Alan's trick.

<subject deviation>
Alan's trick is to create another VM READ than the "program prompt VM READ",
you use it when a for example REXX exec places you in VM READ with a PARSE
PULL (or PARSE EXTERNAL) and you want to enter an immediate CMS command
(like HX, HI or TS).  With the cursor trick, the "program prompt VM  READ"
becomes a VM READ by CMS' attention interrupt handler.

Maybe easier to remember: when in the program prompt VM READ and you want to
enter an immediate command like TS, enter #TS (that is: place a linend
character before the immediate command).  Not exactly the same as moving the
cursor, With my alternative: the program prompt is satisfied with a null
response and then the immediate command is honored.  Wit the cursor trick,
the immediate command is honored, then you return to the program prompt.
</subject deviation>

My issue remains: how can one reset "Input inhibited" on an OSA ICC 3270?