1.
Drain the pack via command
 2.
List it as a draining device in SYSTEM CONFIG.
 3.
Grab SPOOLCHN from the IBM Download site. It is dependent on another package
that is also there.
 4.
Run it to determine what files have blocks located on the pack.
 5.
SPXTAPE DUMP the indicated files with the PURGE option.
 6.
SPXTAPE LOAD the files from the previous step.

If all files on the disk are ordinary spool files, the pack will be drained
after the dump. If there are DCSS or NSS files, it will not be drained until
after folks are convinced to re-ipl or log off.  Once it is drained, feel free
to molest it any way you desire.

Regards,
Richard Schuh

________________________________
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of Frank M. Ramaekers
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 7:00 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Help with HCPVSS429E (spool error).

I believe I know what the problem is, but I don't know how to fix it.

1)                   Added new CP_OWNED pack last week
2)                   ICKDSF LABELed the pack instead of FORMATing the pack
3)                   SPOOL system started using area allocated

I need to:
1)         Quiese (can't remember the command) the volume
2)         Determine what was placed in this area
3)         Remove spool references to files contained within
4)         Format the SPOOL area
5)         Bring area back up for SPOOL usage

 Frank M. Ramaekers Jr.

Systems Programmer

MCP, MCP+I, MCSE & RHCE

American Income Life Insurance Co.

Phone: (254)761-6649

1200 Wooded Acres Dr.

Fax: (254)741-5777

Waco, Texas  76701

information which is privileged and confidential and is solely for the use of
the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that
any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this
message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this in error, please
destroy it immediately and notify us at privacy...@ailife.com.