From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of Kris Buelens
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2010 1:04 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: IPL VM guest to virtual SYSG?

Just a thought:
Maybe you IPLed CMS first and run with SET CONCEAL ON: the TERM SYS3270 ON
kills CMS but CONCEAL ON makes CP to reIPL it....
P.S. if your only override on SAPL is to enter CONS=SYSG, you can do it at once:
IPL 460A LOADPARM CONSSYSG
2010/4/9 Romanowski, John (OFT)
<john.romanow...@cio.ny.gov<mailto:john.romanow...@cio.ny.gov>>
On z/VM 5.3 I'm trying to IPL a guest z/VM to the guest's emulated integrated
3270 device (SYSG) but not succeeding.
>From the guest's logon console I do:

cp terminal conmode 3215
cp terminal sys3270 on
cp ipl 460a loadparm sysg

which gives me a VM READ
instead of the expected SAPL screen where I'd enter cons=sysg and PF10 to IPL
VM to sysg

Thought I'd done this successfully years ago, but maybe not.
Am I doing this incorrectly?

John Romanowski
z/VM Support
NYS CIO/Office for Technology
(518)485-9555

This e-mail, including any attachments, may be confidential, privileged or
otherwise legally protected. It is intended only for the addressee. If you
received this e-mail in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it
to you, do not disseminate, copy or otherwise use this e-mail or its
attachments.  Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete
the e-mail from your system.

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support