Kewl. ++good, citizen. 8-) I'll write up the CMS part just in case.

-- db

From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of Eric R Farman
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 9:47 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: DDR Back-up with verifying Tape label

Hi Dave,

Can't speak to CMS file support, but the existing requirement for DDR/PIPES is
sufficient for us to complete that work.

Regards,
           Eric

Eric Farman
z/VM I/O Development
IBM Endicott, NY

David Boyes <dbo...@sinenomine.net>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU

05/04/2010 07:56 AM

Re: DDR Back-up with verifying Tape label

Sent by:

The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

> If you mean the volser of the tape, no.  DDR uses unlabeled tapes.

Or use the version of DDR that works with CMS Pipelines (NOT PIPEDDR) and have
the TAPn stage manage the labels. Works nicely.

Do I need to do a requirement for IBM to ship the version of DDR that supports
this as the default DDR? It'd be real nice if the CMS file support was also
added to the "standard" one...

-- db