IPF came with ready to use service machines, one of which was VMUTIL.  IPF
was a separate product, but on of the required products if you ordered VM in
"SIPO" format.  FLIST, BROWSE, WAKEUP, ACCOUNT, GETFMADR, DCSSBKUP&RSAV all
modules part of IPF.  IPF also gave panels, not documented how to use, but
some of customers used it for their own stuff.  The IPF panel manager became
the ISPF panel manager and ISPF a pre-req for IPF.

IPF became CUF (CMS Utilities Features), separate licence.  But, the execs,
panes and service machines were no longer part of it.

With z/VM (?) CUF got embedded in z/VM, hence the modules got moved from 19E
to 190/193.

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support