Rename them to your 'standard'..    Stick with VM1RES, etc.....   that's my
advice.   I don't like tying volume labels to z/VM releases.   It seems
especially silly with paging volumes...    Q CPLEVEL if you can't remember
the release your'e running :-)

When you migrate -- relabel the 'old' volumes to something like VMBRES,
VMBSPL...   until you're confident you want to get rid of them.

Scott Rohling