We are new to running zVM 5.4 and have Red Hat zLinux as guest machines.

We are using OSA Express 3.  Two OSAs on different chpids and on differen
NIC addresses.  We separated the two OSA because we want the primary OSA

to be used only for production traffic and the secondary OSA for Netbacku
backup traffic only.  However when we perform the Netbackup backup of
files, the primary OSA slows down or stalls until the backup traffic
completes on the secondary OSA.

I heard that there may be a bug that is causing one OSA disabled while th
other OSA is enabled and active?  Possibly with OSA Express 3 and TCP
Layer 2?

I searched the IBM knowledge base and could not find a match or locate a

fix.  I am holding off on opening a issue with IBM for now, but will soon

if I can't find anyone having or have run into the same issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve.