On Wednesday, 06/02/2010 at 12:08 EDT, Lee Stewart
<lstewart.dsgr...@attglobal.net> wrote:
> Has anyone tried installing 1st level from an FTP server?  (Our machine
> is in Dallas and us and the DVD are here in Denver.)   The HMC will load
> from the FTP server.  Then maybe just run DVDPRIME?  But does the RAM
> image have the 22CC and 2CF1 disks to be loaded?

Follow the first-level DVD installation instructions.  The only difference
is that you have set up the HMC to associate the mass storage media
service with a remote FTP server instead of the local DVD drive.  In a
first-level install, VM doesn't know (or care) that the data is coming
from an FTP server.

The Appendix H or thereabouts of the HMC book contains information on how
to configure the mass storage device to use a remote FTP server.