A CP command to provide the info would be great.

In the meantime, could you rig a dvm to respond to a query by:
1) confirming that the 'CPLOAD MAP' to which it is given access matches
the Q CPLEVEL response:
   Generated at mm/dd/yy hh/mm/ss tz
2) PIPE through the CPLOAD MAP to find the requested PTFs/APARs, and
display them to the requestor?

We wrote a CHECKMAP EXEC that compares two "CPLOAD MAP" files, pointing
out only the differences. That might be an alternative output to searching
for specific PTFs and APARs.

Just thinking out loud.

Mike Walter
Hewitt Associates
The opinions expressed herein are mine alone, not my employer's.

"Marcy Cortes" <marcy.d.cor...@wellsfargo.com>

Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
06/02/2010 04:00 PM
Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: How to determine if a particular fix is applied

Clever use of HELP.  I have a bunch of similar files, but they are HOWTOs.
 I like the help much better!

SERVICE ALL STATUS still won't tell me what I really need to know - is
this system running with this PTF.
Various things might have happened along the way.  Someone forgot
PUT2PROD, missed a message about something not going in because of a
conflicting local mod, etc.  It's not such a big deal with one or 2
systems, but with 9 active and another 7 or so that come up
occasionally... And second chances are few and far between...  And we
continually have PTFs to roll in to prod because of some of the
"interesting" stuff we're doing.

Looking forward to the future,
Marcy

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee,
you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message
or any information herein. If you have received this message in error,
please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this
message. Thank you for your cooperation."