On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 14:33:12 -0400, Martin, Terry R. (CMS/CTR) (CTR)
<terry.mar...@cms.hhs.gov> wrote:

>There was one fall out with the OSA. Before the conversion we had an
>LPAR that has access to a set of OSA UCBs and these UCBs were defined to

>a VSWITCH. After the conversion these OSA UCBs were no longer accessible

>from the LPAR. We found that there was an issue in the GEN but not until

>after the fact. So we found another set of OSA UCBs that were accessible

>to the LPAR and they work. Now since I had to destroy the VSWITCH and
>re-define with the new real OSA UCB do I need to recycle the Linux
>guests that are using that VSWITCH or is there another way without
>bringing the Linux guest down?

First check that the linux guest is in the access list for the new vswitc
(see Q VSWITCH ACCESSLIST) and add it if not (see SET VSWITCH GRANT).

Then use the CP COUPLE command for the linux guest to connect it to the

vswitch.

FWIW, it's too late now, but you could have just added the new address to

the vswitch instead of destroying and recreating the vswitch.  I've done

that when migrating from one OSA port to another.  See the RDEV parameter

on the SET VSWITCH command.

Brian Nielsen