Again, sorry for my lack of knowledge here.  We're working through several
issues at my workplace.   The current problem is while the guests can speak
to one another via tcp, and the route entry is present, the router will not
respond to pings, and i cannot contact the "outside world".   Is there a
specific user that has to be logged in to route out?  is there something
wrong with the vswitch definitions below?

also, is there a "quick and dirty" guide to z/VM?  I'm from the distributed
world, and would like a quick reference.. unfortunately answers arent as
easy to find on the internet about z/VM as they are about windows or linux
or any of the myriad other unixes i've worked on; sort of a short and to the
point book like the "exam cram" type or perhaps "An idiots guide to z/VM".

00: CP Q VSWITCH
00: VSWITCH SYSTEM VSW1     Type: VSWITCH Connected: 3    Maxconn: INFINITE
00:   PERSISTENT  RESTRICTED    NONROUTER                 Accounting: OFF
00:   VLAN Unaware
00:   MAC address: 02-00-01-00-00-01
00:   State: Defined
00:   IPTimeout: 5         QueueStorage: 8
00:   RDEV: 03A0.P00            Controller: NONE
00:   RDEV: 03C0.P00            Controller: NONE