From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of Alan Altmark
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 11:54 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: TRLE with Vswitch

On Tuesday, 07/13/2010 at 11:38 EDT, "Pelletier, Daniel"
<daniel.pellet...@uconn.edu> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. We are not sharing a virtual NIC, so I guess the
> Portname is not needed. But, I still do not see why we cannot connect to
our
> other Host
> Or to Telnet. Any ideas will be appreciated.

You've posted a networking problem with no pictures.  That's 10 points
from UConn.

Remove the PORTNAME hazard from DEFINE VSWITCH.  Only z/OS requires it.
Its use in z/VM (and Linux) simply causes problems.

Is the VSWITCH being used successfully by other guests?

Is the VSWITCH plugged into the 137.99.26.9/27 subnet?