On Tuesday, 07/20/2010 at 10:46 EDT, Hans Rempel <h...@hmrconsultants.com>
wrote:
> This is my first time to receive a certificate using CMS SSL support. I
think I
> followed all the steps correctly but I?m receiving the above message
when using
> option 5. Receive requested certificate. I created a certificate
request,
> downloaded it and gave it to my network guy to get a certificate. I then

> uploaded the certificate and tried to receive it. Import (7) gives me
the same
> message. When I displayed the certificate it displayed N/A for label
field. Can
> this be the problem? If so did I receive a correct certificate from
Thawte. I
> also found an APAR OA03444 but the USERS AFFECTED Description does not
appear
> to apply to me but the error message does.

Always 'receive' certificates for which you have an outstanding 'request'.
 From the z/OS System SSL book:

03353024 Issuer certificate not found.
Explanation: An issuer certificate is not found while
validating a certificate. This error can occur if the issuer
certificate required for a new certificate is not in the key
database or if the required issuer certificate is not
trusted or has expired.
User response: Ensure that the key database
contains the required issuer certificate and that the
certificate is marked as trusted. Refer to ?Database
Menu? on page 375 for information on displaying the
contents of an external certificate file in order to verify
which issuer certificate is required. Contact your service
representative if the error persists.