Kris,

You're right... it's old code.  Whenever I get the time to change it, I'll
do so...  :-)

Mike Walter
Hewitt Associates
The opinions expressed herein are mine alone, not my employer's.

"Kris Buelens" <kris.buel...@gmail.com>

Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
07/29/2010 12:46 PM
Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: rexx stem

Mike, I want to tell that your example is a bit (very) oldfashioned.  A
simple "REXXVARS" was indeed the solution, you can do the same a bit
easier by using "REXXVARS TOLOAD".  It produces records like
   /varname/varcontents
(John doesn't guarantee the / will be the delimiter)
So you could code:
  address '' 'PIPE REXXVARS TOLOAD',
       '|Strfind " MYSTEM."',
       '|....

A second remark: if the stem one wants to get has numbered suffixes (like
is often the case), there is no need to have PIPE obtain all variables
from the calling exec.  This would do to copy it into the "current"
exec/macro:
   address '' 'PIPE STEM mystem. 1 |STEM mystem.'