So, I've got an itch to fiddle around with XIP, but I can't figure out how
to measure the benefit I might be able to expect or, if I just do it, how to
figure out if I gained anything other than hassles.

I've played around with it a little using a 512MB DCSS populated with /lib,
/lib64, /usr/lib, and /usr/lib64, but I didn't really "see" any changes to
working set sizes in Perf Toolkit.  Of course, that's not really saying much
since most of the numbers in Perf Toolkit are worse than Greek to me...more
like Goa'uld.

I know there's probably no easy answer.  I also know that just arbitrarily
throwing those directories in there wasn't the best use of DCSS space and,
if I continue to fiddle, will put more effort into identifying appropriate
candidates.  (I'm thinking that /proc/*/maps would be a good source for
finding the candidates.)

Thanks,

Leland