IMHO, the starter system is really only useful, when you don't, already have
access to a Linux system for code distribution.

Any Linux system, with sufficient disk space, can be made into a NFS server, or
a FTP server.  In my case, I have to download the DVD images to my PC first,
and then upload them to my NFS server (due to network security that I haven't
decided to fight...yet).  Then install from the NFS server (of FTP server).

I'm also installing SLES 11 SP 1.  I'm installing it from a SLES 10 SP 2 NFS
server.  Once SLES 11 SP 1 is tested and documentation produced on how to
install that flavor or Linux, one of my first production servers will be a SLES
11 SP 1 NFS server to serve for installs.  Then all other installs will be from
a SLES 11 SP 1 server.

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting

>>> "Macioce, Larry" <larry.maci...@com.state.oh.us> 8/11/2010 10:00 AM >>>

It looks as if we are upgrading our aging Sles system(v9+).
And as I am on other projects I am looking to hand this off to my
one(yes there are only 2 of us for MVS, VM, Linux and all 3rd party
products).
I told him he could download v11 straight from the web to one of the
current  virtual servers not being used any longer, this is true
correct?
Next would it be better to download a starter system?
The servers run DB2,webshere,CM and a custom built DB.
Any guidance is greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Mace

The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual
and/or
other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by
prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact
the sender and delete the
material from any computer.