On Wednesday, 08/25/2010 at 08:34 EDT, "Frank M. Ramaekers"
<framaek...@ailife.com> wrote:
> From what I understand, VSWITCH with layer 3 and multiple ?real?
adapters works
> in ?fail-over? mode.  I thinking of putting some VSE on a VSWITH using
this
> method.  My question, is what type of failures does it recover from (or
> fail-over)?

Make sure you have support for VSWITCH in your version of VSE.   I believe
that there were device driver updates last year.

In layer 3 or layer 2 mode, the VSWITCH fails over to another OSA when:
- Communication with the switch port is lost (switch is powered off /
recycled, port deactivated, cable pull, ...)
- The OSA fails to to respond to CP in a timely fashion (stalls)
- An unrecoverable I/O error occurs with the OSA