From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Dieltiens Geert
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2010 4:03 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Coupling TN3270E sessions to VTAM

Hi all,

I'm looking into the TN3270E server of TCP/IP for z/VM 5.4 as a
replacement for a Cisco CIP/CPA TN3270E server. I have briefly tested
the VM TN3270E server, and it seems to works fine.

Using the Cisco based TN3270E server, our end-users get a VTAM
SNA-session with an USSTAB menu, giving them access to our multidomain
VTAM-network and all its applications running in several VM and VSE
systems.

I can do the same using the TN3270E server in VM: I can connect a
TN3270E session to VM/VTAM using the DIAL VTAM command (manually, or
from SCEXIT) which creates a Non-SNA-session on which I can show an
USSTAB menu. This does require a DEFINE GRAF xxxx 3270 for every session
that DIALs to VTAM.
I tried that and it works, but can I use this DIAL-method for several
thousands of TN3270E sessions? Is there a limit to the number of
sessions? Or are there better ways for coupling a lot of VM/TN3270E
sessions to VM/VTAM?

Thanks,
Geert.

DISCLAIMER

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postmas...@vanbreda.be
This footnote also confirms that this email has been checked
for the presence of viruses.

Informatica J.Van Breda & Co NV BTW BE 0427 908 174

This message contains information which is privileged and confidential and is
solely for the use of the
intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any
review, disclosure,
copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly
prohibited. If you have
received this in error, please destroy it immediately and notify us at
privacy...@ailife.com.